Saturday, June 03, 2006

The One with the Spanish Telenovela


It is every guys worst nightmare to have at least one not so macho nickname throughout their entire life. Believe me! ( or maybe im just being a drama -queen here huh?) I have few nicknames that i got, such as Peol, payrol, afai, UL and piedad. Of all the nicknames, the one that really stood out and i still hate the most is 'PIEDAD' ( read P-I-E-D-A-D ). Does the name sound familiar to you? In case you dont know, the name Piedad is one of the character from the hit telenovela, La Usurpadora, way back in 2002. Yes, Piedad is the old nenek kerepot one. Look at the pic. My college mates gave me that name, reason, coz i talk non-stop, just like the character itself in the telenovela. At first, it was kinda irritating when they call me 'piedad! piedad!' especially at public, dah ler time tuh at the height of this whole Telenovela mania..but after quite some time, I grew tired of it and kena la REDHA...that this name will forever stuck with me..hehehe..maybe one day i can tell my own children that i have a very not so macho nickname..heheh :)

p/s: anyone into Juana perez?

2 comments:

LindaMunshi said...

Piedad...hahaha, that is funny. I'd forgotten all about her. Used to beg my lecturer to let us finish early so I could catch the show. Good times. =)

Heck, you could have been called worse. My hubby is stuck with the nickname of Probo (as in Proboscis Monkey), Parkinson (As in Parkinson disease...he smokes a lot :P) and Bam (as in Bam Bam...he used to be a chubby kid) lol.

Fairul said...

sarah's mummy,
i have to live with the piedad name forever la kot..heheh
ya..i used to miss the 5.00pm class just to watch lausurpadora..that paola bracho is a real B*TC*..heheh
BAm BAM? thats cute. :)