They called themselves as the Spice Girls of tennis. Together, they have won few double titles including Australian Open Double back in 1999 and 2002.Swiss Miss made headline last week that she will return to the WTA tour after 3 years of absence. For Miss Kounikova, she mentioned that she doesn't have any plans to return to the WTA Tour any time soon, but she added that the possibility is not completely out of the question.How cool is that? The most talked about tennis players of last century will make a comeback next year. To me, Hingis is a smarty pants. Her style of play is incredible. She had all the shots, and could play from the baseline and the net. In fact, I think she had the most incredible net skills since Zvereva. The more I think about it, Hingis should do quite well in 2006. It will take some time to get her rhythm back against the top players, but let's be honest-the women's game right now is extremely weak. Injuries have really hurt the women's tour. Hingis has a lots of variety and I believe she can offset some of the power among the top women. If nothing else, she'll bring back some interest in the women's game. Hell Yeah!! My Dream Match next year M.Hingis vs M.Sharapova - I would love to see how Hingis handle her groundstrokes and serve and how well can Sharapova move with Hingis near-perfect ball placement. |
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
The One with The Spice Girls of Tennis
Posted by
Fairul
at
06:44
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes..its great to see Hingis making a comeback next year..
can't wait for it..
Hingis placement is razor sharp laa... but still Sales during her peak tops my list... plus I love her little screams everytime she hits the ball! Love it!
hehe..you and your Seles..
the little scream she sometimes overdo it..hehe..
btw..sharapova has the loudest grunt..EuurGHHH!!! :p
Post a Comment