Friday, September 05, 2008

The One with the multiple entries

1. First of all, Happy Ramadhan Kareem to all. So far so good here. Nothing much to complain. My work finish at 2pm everyday (Ramadhan only) and technically, I only work 4++ hours a day. hehe. Why so? Well, the non muslim will have their break at 12pm, and about the same time, I will chikidora (chit chatting) with them while they're having their lunch.( sungguh x senonoh kawe ni kan :P ).By the time they finish their break at 1pm, I'm off to the surau. By 2pm, I'm the first to punch my card. hehe. Blame it on the Qatari Law, No? :P

2. Nadal reached his first ever US Open semifinal yesterday when he defeated Mardy Fish of America. By reaching the semi, Nadal will able to widen his ranking points from Federer, because from now onwards, Nadal will gain extra ranking points and as for Federer, the defending champion, he needs to defend that point. I'm pretty much sure that Rafa will end this year as the numero uno. :)

3. At times I do fell that I'm so patah kaki here in Doha. Well, I do have my own driver to take me to the office and site, but the idea of him taking me everywhere around the city sungguh tak best. I have no license yet, ape lagi nak cakap pasal my own car. So far, I make the most of what I have here, the green karwa.( company taxi or bus). A lone ranger will always find his way, hantam saje :)

4. The other day, the eve of the 1st Ramadhan, the Embassy held this Merdeka thingy celebration. Went there with Zals and his fellow friends Kizmee and Nizam. On the way to the embassy, I imagined of the big huge chunk succulent chicken satay, but what did we get? Tasteless satay, I don't call that satay in the first place. hehe. Anyway, big thanks to Zal who picked me up kt hujung dunia ni, really appreciate it :)

5. I did a survey on the tennis court here in Doha, and I was quite suprised by it. Most hotels and sport clubs will charge you annual fee of QAR 5000 for single person, which I find ridiculously expensive. There's a public court at Khalifah Sports Complex, but then, I don't know anyone into tennis here in Doha and they won't be a perfect time for me tennising. (I only have one day off) Kena tunggu cuti this November la nampaknye nak lepaskan gian aku ni....

6. One would expect someone to learn Arabic when he/she residing here in Middle East. Well for me, its the other way round. I've picked up Tagalog and few Hindi words (driver aku nyer pasal la ni! :P). The only Arabic word that I learnt so far si mafi musykil, which means No Problem. As for Tagalog, I learn few words a day. hehe. Memang Trully Asia kawe ni :P

7. Kawe nak masak burger tuk sahur ni, triple whammy with double cheese. Selamat bersahur and Selamat Berpuasa :)

4 comments:

Esteban Granero said...

tarawih 20 rakaat bro?

FIR said...

Must be quite an experience fasting up there :-)

Zal said...

Selamat Berpuasa Fairul. Abiskan puasa dulu baru cari court tennis ok :D

Fairul said...

Naza,

aku tarawikh 8 jek..sbb masjid area aku 8..tp bace panjang sih...:P ko tarawikh tak? :P

Fir,

i find it suprising that i dont feel tired at all fasting here..ironic isnt it...? hehe..sbb kejer abis kol 2..ptg tido..zzzz..hehe

Zalina,

Same goes to u :) To la..tgk court tennis...geram semacam jek..hehe :)