Sunday, September 10, 2006

The One with the one slam wonder tag



No longer one slam wonder tag on her. She proves it, the Wimbledon success was no fluke. The Russian glamour girl, Maria Sharapova claimed her second Grand Slam title with superb straight-sets ( 6-4, 6-4 ) win over the number two seed, Justine Henin-Hardenne in the US Open final.

The Russian third set produced powerfull groundstrokes, booming serves and few crisp volleys attempt to overcome the favourite at Arthur Ashe Stadium. It is Sharapova’s second Grand Slam title since winning Wimbledon in 2004 and denied the Belgian what would have been a sixth grand slam win in her carrier.

As for me, I've been waiting this moment for two years. Even my score line prediction was almost right, just by a mere of one game, 6-3. I was jumping up and down and was just lost for words when Justine hit the ball to the net at matchpoint, I know, I might be over reacting here, but hey, its a Maria winning another slam we're talking about!! Congrats to Maria!! May more Grand Slam title for you in the future.


p/s: Just cant get enough sleep lately with the US Open, somemore, im doing the graveyard shift 12am-6am now. Balik umah, terus tennis. Hope tomorrow is the last day that i would spend myself watching tennis in the wee hours. Go Federer!

No comments: