Thursday, June 29, 2006

The One with Strawberry and Cream

It’s time for strawberry and cream again! Wimbledon kicked off last Monday with eer.. .’style?’ when all matches were disrupted by heavy rain. The organizers are left scrambling to re-organize all the schedule .Rain or sunshine, I will glue myself in front of the TV to watch the matches live, hoping for two weeks sumptuous display of tennis. That’s for sure!

This year’s Wimbledon I’ll be rooting for Maria Sharapova and Roger Federer to take home the title. Though I’m a big fan of Nadal, I’m pretty confident that Federer will win it again for the fourth straight time. Nadal still doesn’t have the game to win on the slick, fast, green surface which blunts many of his weapons. He is improving for sure and one day he can transfer his talents to grass.

For the first rounds, there were no major casualties for the exception of Nicholay Davydenko, Fransesca Schiavone and Tatiana Galovin. All the big names showed no mercy against their first round opponents, deploying all their entire repertoires to the max.

Even if you’re not a fan of tennis, just give Wimbledon a try and you will see why Wimbledon is so special. All the white outfits( see Sharapova's outfit below ), the green grass tennis court and not to mention, the Ralph Lauren wearing umpires, very smart and dashing indeed!

6 comments:

LindaMunshi said...

For all I know...you could've written in german. I've no clue to what u wrote :P Lol

Fairul said...

sarah's mummy,
heheh..other guys demam bola..i demam tennis..:)

AdamIsmadi said...

sharapova is my kinda girl.. not too sure how henin is performing these days? henin is another of my fav.

pity roddick is out..

Fairul said...

adi, both sharapova and henin in the 4th round..both in opposite draw..so fingers cross, they will meet in the final..my dream final it would be..hehehe

roddick out? hehe..i dunno whats got into him now..his game..makin teruk la.

Anonymous said...

reply to this comment

>> payrol,
kan ke kita dah lama berkenalan…
kau lah kekasih gelapku yg paling aku cintai…
hahaha…

Fairul said...

iwan: ko suka betul lari topik..giler2 plak tuh..tuh aku tak bagi choc. moist gi ..hahahah